As 2017 draws to a close and we look forward to all that 2018 may hold, tradition holds that we take stock, draw breath and look back at some of the highlights from the past twelve months. It’s been an eventful year here, from welcoming new members of our team and working with new clients, to a host of social and sporting events.
So, in time honoured fashion – and because we all love a list – here’s a quick round up of some of the things I’ve learnt this year:
- Cyber security news went into overdrive. From cyber espionage and Vault 7 to the WannaCry and NotPetya attacks, and the recent Uber breach, cyber security was rarely out of the global news headlines – and this looks set to continue as the enforcement of the GDPR approaches.
- Meeting face to face matters. We hosted a number of media roundtables for clients, which not only provided great opportunities for our spokespeople to share viewpoints on topical issues, but also reinforced that, even given the fast turnaround of news stories, in-person meetings with journalists are really invaluable. We’ve worked with some expert panellists on topics ranging from cyber psychology to the security ‘poverty line’ and, most importantly our clients have had the chance to build relationships with the journalists attending.
- Video kept on growing in popularity in 2017 and is a great tool for PR engagement in our time-poor world. This year, even more of the team at éclat have been honing their skills in filming and editing – you can see the results of our most recent filming endeavours here: https://www.eclat.co.uk/blog/eclats-12-days-christmas/
- Hidden talents. From excelling in triathlons to marathon training and abseiling, I always knew the éclat team is a super healthy bunch, but this year they have excelled themselves on the sporting front. Some of the team are now in training to put themselves through the Tough Mudder event next May. As a running novice I’m aiming to get from couch to 5K from January, so hold me to that!
- I’ve also learnt that from bake-offs to Thanksgiving meals, not only do we have a wealth of culinary talents in the office, but also that this is a team that really has gone the extra mile to make this a great place to work.
Have a lovely Christmas and wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!